Tuesday 28 September 2010

It's a busy time for our team manager...

End of the season, time to forget cycling, spend more evenings down the pub - even spend the weekends with my daughters.......

Well, not really. There is plenty to do in the off season.

Still have to arrange the Women's Team Race Series events although the good news is that we shall have a team time trial championship in 2011, probably in Lavenham, Suffolk and on Sunday 15 May; we have lost certainly one race in the Team Series, the one at Melbourne so I am trying to get another race to fill that place. I have brought my ticket for the Tour ta' Malta in April next year. Arranging two training sessions at Hillingdon in February for women riders - particularly those new to our sport and others of course who want to freshen up their skills.

But the next appointment is the Bike Show at Earls Court on 10 October to meet up with Peter Bragg and his team at Shutt Velo Rapide; I expect to discuss the 2011 race calendar there and also the teams clothing requirements, gonna be a good day I am sure. I also hope to check out a few other stands and see what is new in the market.

And the under 13 football season has started so will be standing in wet cold fields watching grandson getting muddy.....er playing football I meant. Last Sunday, cold wind and rained all the day but they did win 2-1 - went home and cuddled a radiator for two hours to get warm again.

Jon Miles

No comments: